Run largely through volunteer effort, PACA has been involved in providing services for African
immigrants and refugees in the Greater Milwaukee area. The organization strives to
provide services that facilitate access to jobs, housing, transportation, medical care,
education, and support for families.
We are committed to providing an array of services and programming activities that develop
members of the immigrant communities’ potentials that include the following:
- After School Program for African Immigrants and Refugees (ASPAIR)– helping refugee students with homework and tutoring.
- African Women Entrepreneurship (AWE)– helping refugee women with entrepreneurial skills,business plans, marketing, etc.
- Coalition of African Youth (CAY)– youth leadership and professional development
- Community/Leadership Development – helping emerging ethnic, national and language groups build leadership and organizational capacity, mentoring and guiding them to available resources
- Job Development – assisting refugees with employability and job retention plans - such as employment enrichment training (soft-skills), job placement or referrals, supporting employees and employers with cultural orientation and other safety and performance related issues.
- Language Interpretation/Translation – providing schools, healthcare and the court systems appropriate language interpreters/translators.
- Refugee Resettlement/Social Services – case management: receiving and placing refugees in appropriate housings, initial orientation, referring them for appropriate services, ESL programs,
- Building Healthy Refugee and Immigrant Communities (BHRIC): Training health promoters, setting preventive health programs, community outreach, etc.
- Community Dialogue and Resource Fair are PACA’s annual events.
For Program Brochures please click on logos
|Copyright © 2012. Pan-African Community Association, Inc. Milwaukee, WI All Rights Reserved.|